Recipe for Banana Bread
Banana bread is easy to make, nutritious, and contains enough vitamins and minerals to keep you happy and feeling full. Plus, these can be eaten in lieu of regular bread to add more fruits to your diet. Make this simple recipe and watch how die-hard banana haters fall for it.
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 egg, beaten
1.5 cup flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3rd cup olive oil or butter
3/4th cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 180 degree centigrade.
- Mix banana with oil/butter.
- Stir flour with baking powder
- Add sugar to banana, along with vanilla and egg.
- Pour in the flour and mix till everything comes together.
- Butter a loaf pan (4 x 8 is ideal).
- Pour the prepared batter into the loaf pan.
- Smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minute, depending on the settings of your oven.
- To check doneness, pierce the thickest part of the bread with a thin skewer. If it comes out clean, your bread is done.
- Remove once done, and let cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into slices and serve.