Cucumber Recall Affecting Several Stores Across Manitoba
A cucumber recall triggered by a potential salmonella outbreak in the United Stated has been expanded for the second time and the effects regarding this problem are very serious across Manitoba. The recall is affecting various stores and storage places of Manitoba which also included Peguis Family food, Thompson family food, stonewall Family food, cross lake family foods, Cornerview Enterprises Ltd in snow lake.
In Winnipeg, the recall is affecting:
- Silver Heights Foodfare #18, 2285 Portage Avenue.
- Dakota Family Foods, 1099 St. Mary’s Road.
- AM Foodfare #1, 905 Portage Avenue.
- Arlington Harris Meat and Grocery, 1840 Arlington Street.
- Maryland Foodfare #17, 115 Maryland Street.
- Cavalier Foodfare #9, 839 Cavalier Drive.
- Zeid’s Foodfare #26, 247 Lilac Street.
- Downtown Family Foods, 1 – 120 Donald Street.
- Tasse’s Balkan Foods, 185 Stadacona.
- Portage Family Foods, 1881 Portage Avenue.
The recall applies to the fresh cucumbers sold in bulk, which are unwrapped and any in store product which contains field cucumbers which is purchased from the above mentioned list before 15 September 2015. However, the Canadian food agency says all these cucumbers should be thrown out or the other option is return them to stores. They have reported as illnesses in Canada. As we mentioned earlier the affects are serious have been 341 cases of salmonella in 30 states, two of them those who died.