5 Lesser Known Facts About Anushka Sharma
Many aspiring youngsters who get a big break often falter after taking the first few steps in the film industry, but Anushka Sharma is way up the pecking order. With an immediate success with her debut in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, it was thought that the actress can achieve higher standards and make a name for herself in B-Town; and she has done just that. Being in the news for being a part of the highest grossing film of Bollywood ever (PK) or for dating the most coveted male personalities, she has been attracting attention ever since making her Bollywood debut. However, there are things about the Bombay Velvet actress that her fans might not know. Here are five of them:
- Like most actresses, Anushka started out as a model in Lakme Fashion Week before being chosen as the finale model at the Spring Summer 2007 Collection. She was then given her big break by the Yash Raj Films banner when she was signed for three projects by them, namely Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, Badmaash Company and Band Baaja Baarat.
- Anushka had initially moved to Mumbai with her first love Zoheb. The couple shared the dream of making a career in the Bollywood industry. We all know that Anushka realized her dream well and fine, but her partner was not quite lucky and subsequently left Mumbai. The couple subsequently parted ways as they found it difficult to maintain their long distance relationship.
- Always being praised for her performances in her movies, Anushka has been nominated for Film awards 19 times in her short career. What is more is that, the actress has gone on to win an award 10 times out of those 19 different nominations.
- Many celebrities like to take some time off to go for shopping to relax their nerves and let the stress out. However, Anushka doesn’t fall in that bracket, not by a long shot. She rather finds the whole thing quite taxing and repels the very word of shopping with all her might. However, she claims she shares the attention seeking trait of many celebrities. “If I’m not seeking attention, I’m not doing my job right!” said the star once.
- All fans are interested in knowing about their favourite celebrities’ likes/dislikes. You can find them all here! Her favourite colour is black, her favourite actor is Shah Rukh Khan, her favourite food is seafood, favourite holiday destination Goa and favourite perfume Ralph Lauren Blue.