10 Things You Didn’t Know About Radhika Apte!
Radhika Apte has persevered on her road to stardom and after many years in the film industry, she has finally achieved commercial success as well as critical acclaim for her acting. There are many who may not know much about this doe-eyed actress. Below are listed ten things about the actress, which I bet would not be known to a lot of readers.
- Radhika Apte embarked on a career in acting by joining a theater group ‘Asakata’ based in Pune.
- Radhika is a Kathak dancer having trained under the guidance of Rohini Bhate for eight years. She later shifted her base to London to learn contemporary dance at London’s Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance and was there for about a year.
- During this period she met the love of her life, musician Benedict Taylor to whom she got married in 2012.
- The versatile actress has acted in several Marathi, Bengali, Tamil and Telugu movies besides making an impact in Bollywood.
- The first movie that signaled her entry into Bollywood was ‘Vaah Life Ho To Aisi’.
- This was followed by her notable performances in ‘Badlapur’, ‘Hunterrr’ and ‘Manjhi’.
- Her notable performances in regional cinema include Marathi movies such as Jatin Wagle’s ‘Ek Marathi Manoos’, Amol Palekar’s ‘Samantaar’, Sunil Sukthankar and Sumitra Bhave’s ‘Mor Dekhne Jungle Mein’ and ‘Gho Mala Asla Hava’ and Akash Khurana’s ‘Life Online’.
- Radhika has also acted in a Bengali film named ‘Rupkotha Noy’ and has had several films such as ‘Pendulum’, ‘Postcard’, ‘Vetri Selvan’ and ‘Legend’ released in Telugu, Tamil, Bengali and Marathi.
- Radhika won a nomination for SIIMA Award in the Best Actress category in a Supporting Role for her film in Tamil titled ‘Dhoni’.
- Radhika always gave preference to content more than any other criteria and this can be seen from her work in ‘Anouk Ad’ and ‘Ahalya’ an internet film directed by Sujoy Ghosh.
The year 2015 has been quite an eventful one for this gutsy actress.